Saturday, September 3, 2011

Psalm 5 - Boasting

.....may those who love Your name boast about You...(Psalm 5: 11)

Go ahead!  Brag!  You have a lot to boast about if you know Him.  Think about all the things you can say about this Father of yours.  The Most High God.  Sovereign over everything we know about and all we cannot even fathom.  So powerful that He makes something out of nothing...just look at my life if you doubt that.  The Source of Everything, He holds everything together.  Our God knows all.  His loving kindness never ends and His mercy is so great that it includes me.  My protector, my song, my banner, my hope, my glory, my salvation, my King and Lord.  I will run out of room and still not have said enough to scratch the surface of Jahweh, my Abba.

Before the foundations of the world He chose me to be his child.  By faith I have been saved, and that faith did not even come from me, so I would not boast. (Ephesians 2)....except in Him.  Even the faith to believe Him came from Him.  A gift.  He is generous to give the Holy Spirit so that I can receive the very mind of Christ (I Corinthians 2).  Because God had a dream for me (and you) when He made us, He is faithful to bring it about (Philippians 2).  He goes before me in battle and it is His to win (I Samuel 17). I hide in Him because He is a strong tower I can run into (Proverbs 18).  My God is my teacher (Isaiah 30) and He holds my hand (Isaiah 40).

"I am the beginning and the end.  I am the only God.  Who is a god like me?  That god should come and prove it.  Let him come and explain all that has happened since I set up the ancient people.  He should also tell what will happen in the future.  Don't be afraid!   Don't worry!  I have always told you what will happen.  You are my witnesses.   There is no other God but me.  I know of no other Rock;  I am the only One."

So, you see, I am quite a braggard.  I love to talk about my Father because He is more than awesome!  He loves me!  Isn't that amazing?  I get to know the Creator of all that there is on an intimate level because He wants me to know Him.  My heart is singing right now just thinking about my Abba.  Sing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment