Thursday, December 15, 2011

Psalm 20 - The God of the Last Minute

This is what the Lord says:  "Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool." Isaiah 66:1

Now I know the Lord gives victory to His anointed.  He will answer from His holy heaven with mighty victories from His right hand!  (Psalm 20:6)

An interesting picture of God sitting on His throne with His feet resting on earth.  What does that mean?  I have been thinking about this today.  Earth cannot contain our Lord, for He is God over all.  Not only can the physical temple not hold Him, neither can our expectations define or limit His power.  He could rest His feet on the earth.  His throne is central to heaven.  So, we cannot put Him in a box.  We cannot limit Him in any way.  He is waaayyy bigger than we are.

How are you limiting Him today?  What are you telling Him is impossible to work out?  What did you stay up last night worrying about?  Are you looking up to Him today with bloodshot eyes, wondering what you will do to make everything all right?

Stop it!  Stop it right now!  Go get the spiritual Visine and clear up your vision!  You serve a mighty God who wants to show you that He Himself will deliver you, whether you think it is possible or not!  You, His anointed child - child of promise, joint heir with Christ, saint, royal priest - have been given His word that He will answer from heaven with mighty victories from His right hand.  You either believe that or you don't!  No matter what your impossibility today, His hand is mighty to save you and you can count on His presence and a mighty victory! 

Stop getting in His way!  Oh, brother!  I have gotten in His way so many times and the victory, though imminent, took waaayyy longer.  I was just trying to be helpful.  God is sometimes just too slow for us.  I call him "the God of the last minute."  That is why I tend to panic.  He takes me to the edge of my faith.  But I must declare to the world that He has NEVER failed to show up.  NEVER!  So, I am somewhat more calm now in a crisis, though my humanity still quivers at what could happen without Him.  I don't have to live without Him.  He, Himself, loves me and you.  From His holy heaven He controls earth.  It's easy for Him.  I am His beloved kid.  He takes care of me.  Some days, though, I admit I have to choose to say:  "I will trust in the Lord with all of my heart."  Refuse worry because it is a sin.  It is the opposite of faith.  I will stand, not on what things look like to me, but on His promise that He will hear from heaven and give me a mighty victory!

God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. (John 4)  Today, Father, let me worship You because You are You.  Implant deeply into my spirit your truths.  May I understand Your promises to impact my earthly life as well as my eternal salvation.  May I believe You when You say that You will hear from Your holy heaven and give me mighty victories because I am Your beloved.  I rest in You.  I surrender to You.  I worship You, My Redeemer, My Shield,  My Refuge, My Hope, My Heavenly Abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment