Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Psalm 21 - I Once Was Lost

His glory is great through Your salvation. (vs 5)

The king's, that is.  God's salvation makes those of us He saves a work of glory.  Do you have a before and after story?  I once was lost but now I'm found kind of testimony of the grace of God in your life?  Most of us do, if we have lived long enough. 

I became a Christian when I was six years old.  It was real, and I knew I would love God forever.  For many years I could not really say I had a lost and found, dynamic druggie-to-disciple story that would blow people away with all God can do in the life of one Kay Farish.  Unfortunately, I was often smug in this knowledge.  I was a good Christian girl who could not imagine committing the sin so evident around me.  After all, I had not much time to do a whole lot of sinning before I was six.  After that, I followed the rules and loved my God.

In my religious zeal and self-righteous lifestyle, I was setting myself apart from the mainstream of people in pain.  I was surely a work of God's glory because I understood His death for me, but God knew that "she who is forgiven much, loves much."  My life fell apart in my thirties, and I fell apart with it.  Made horrific decisions that affected everyone in my life.  And...I needed much forgiveness.  I understood the pain of sin and the anguish that often causes people to run to anything that makes the pain go away.  Judgment was gone.  No longer Kay, the good little Christian, but Kay, saved by grace, delivered in mercy, dependent on God for my very breath.  A wonderful place to be.  A glory to Him.  For only He could have taken my brokenness and made from the ashes a work that is my heart for Him.  Oh, how I love Him.

...splendor and majesty You bestow on him/her.  For You make her most blessed forever.  You make her glad with the joy of Your presence. (5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment