Monday, January 2, 2012

Psalm 22 - Hands Up, Feet Dancing!

Thou art holy, O Thou Who art enthroned upon the praises of Your people. (vs.3)

I have been thinking about this all night, waking up with praise on my mind. What does it look like for our God to inhabit, live in, dwell among our praise? The resounding noise in heaven is a constant acknowledgement of the God Who is, Who was, and Who is to come! The God of all, Who sits enthroned with the Lamb by His side and His Spirit permeating everything! I think heaven is loud with the symphony of praise! When God speaks, it is thunderous! When he is praised, it must be electrifying! So when I praise Him, I want to be heard above the din! I want my whole being involved so He can dwell comfortably in my worship! Hands up, feet dancing, heart engaged and voice lifted to the God I adore! I want Him to fall into my praise and live there with me! To dance and sing with me, me in Him and Him in me, inhabiting the throne I create with my song.

My mighty King, Who rules my life with purpose and power! Savior, Who gave Your life willingly so that I might never die! Ruler of the universe and all that exists everywhere, rule me! Powerful God Who makes something out of nothing, I am amazed by You! Giver of life and breath, joy and peace, I thank you! Designer, Creator and Architect, Your mind is beyond comprehending, for You alone are original, and we but copiers of your images. With a heart so large that it includes Your watch-care over everything You have made, I wonder that it also includes me. Beyond all that we can see with our technology lies a vastness yet to be defined and explored, yet it is known to You.  You have allowed us to understand a bit of Your greatness so we can be in awe of all we do not know. Pervading Spirit Who knows my thoughts and understands my way, I am brought facedown by the wonder of your grace. Oh, holy Father, my praises will never end that You would choose to love this child of Yours! That You would cover my sinful heart in streams of cleansing grace and mercy sets my heart pounding and my feet to dancing! You are incomparably beautiful. Though I have never seen Your face, I have experienced Your heart and known its fervor. My praises are inadequate, for words are not enough to offer the full expression of my soul to You! I must also speak with my spirit as it is warmed and energized in Your Presence, melted by the searing holiness of Your purity. I am unworthy in this place where You dwell! I cannot enter in except for the blood in which I am covered! Thank You, Lamb Who died. Beautiful Savior! Oh, may the whole earth sing over the redemption bought by Your holy blood! May we dance forever over the victory and sonship You purchased for us!! Holy God become defiled so we could come before our Father and Yours as beloved children instead of the wretches we once were! With never-ending kindness You lead our paths because You alone know the way. Before You stretches the beginning and the end, for You are above time and space, mighty in Your plans to take us to the new Jerusalem where we will revel in the Eden You desired from the beginning of our time! Light too bright to look on and live! Thundering power that flashes in Your Presence! Enthrone Yourself today in my praise of You, inadequate but wholehearted! My strength, my song, my deliverer, my provider, my shepherd, my savior, my banner, my beloved, my very breath, I praise You forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment