Wednesday, November 7, 2012

PSALM 64 - The Three of Us The Morning After

But God, will shoot them with arrows.  Suddenly, they will be wounded.  They will be made to stumble.  Their own tongues work against them.  All who see them will shake their heads.  Then everyone will fear and will tell about God's work, for they will understand what He has done.
(Vs. 7-9)

But God.....

This is the morning after the presidential election.  Half the electorate voted one way and half the other.  There are some of us who are feeling kicked in the stomach.  Believing we are on the deck of the Titanic as we sing to our sovereign God.  Others are waving banners, and with quickened step, are joyfully going about this new day.  Regardless of the ideology our vote was cast to ensure, one thing is certain.  God is in control. 

Last night was rough for me and my daughters.  All three of us tossed and turned.  In my night of querying my Heavenly Father, my prayer was that I think like He thinks in our situation.  My own thoughts were jumbled and my stomach rumbled with the chaos.  Before I went to bed, I picked up my Kindle to continue reading the journals and letters of Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light.  I am at the place where she is trying to describe to the archbishop God's revealed design for the Sisters of Charity.  The theme throughout her blueprint was the salvation of even one person on the impoverished streets of Calcutta.  Her life pared down to one insignificant person making a difference to another.  Of course, she wasn't insignificant and God's plan made her one of the most famous women in the world.  But that wasn't her heart.  Her Good God told her to be His impoverished arm to a crushed part of the earth.  To lift people up and touch them one at a time.  To make a difference in her microcosm of pain and destitution regardless of what was going on in the larger world around her.  I understood this to be His will for me, also.  That there are things I cannot change.   Things over which I have no control.  I have to trust those things to Him and His wisdom.  Our God still has plans for our country that I cannot fathom.  That is what He is in charge of.

First thing this morning, I read a blog from Heather who had a three hour jump on the start of the day.  Her musings were exactly what God told me.  Trust Him and do what He has called you to do for Him where you are.  He is sovereign.  She wrote:  I desperately needed to be reminded of the sweet truth that God is always in control in spite of my feelings to the contrary.  As such, there is never a time when I don't have reason to praise Him, and so I do.  I choose to worship my God and Savior right now, this very moment, with the recognition that He is all knowing and I am weak and frail and limited.

 As I was having my morning coffee, I received a text from Vanessa:  I believe God is telling me this morning to "stay in love," meaning keep my thoughts focused on Christ.  The light has come into the world and the darkness has not overcome it.  We are still His light to those in our immediate little worlds and no president has anything to do with that.  And God's love is still at work in us.  Look up, Mommy!  I'm going to force my eyes upon Him today, and not the things of this world.  Satan will not win, now or ever!  This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Though we think our boat is listing, the odds are stacked against us, and the truth is obscured in fog, we must always remember........But God.....

No comments:

Post a Comment