Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Father Watches Over Me

What are you worried about?  Really.  I want to know.  Many things tempt me to worry.  Finances.  That is no doubt #1.  Nearing retirement age without the plan in place that we had hoped for.  This has caused me to thank God daily for shelter, food and jobs.  Focused me in.  And you?

I just reread Psalm 1:6.  "For the Lord watches over the righteous."  I am one of those.  Not because of my sterling adherence to the ten commandments but because of my faith in Christ and His sacrifice on my behalf.  That makes me "righteous" - a child of God.  The Father of Jesus is my Father, too, and He watches over me!  That is an astonishing reality.  The God who flung the stars, patterning them into galaxies far beyond what we can hope to imagine, looks at my life....peers into it....watches over it....takes care of me.  I am a dot in this universe too small to be perceived.  I am one of millions...billions of people on this planet....only one of countless people who have existed before me.  How is it that God watches over me?  Isn't He just too busy?  Think of all the prayers that go up to Him every second of every day!  There are those in dire circumstances right now whose lives and prayers should trump mine. 

Psalm 121.  Read it.  "I will lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber.  The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."  

Did I say I was worried?  I am embarrassed that I should worry.  Doesn't that put my Father in a bad light?  If HE cannot take care of me, I am hopeless.  HE IS GOD.  If HE watches over my life for now and forevermore, I can relax, go forward, do what is next and trust that I am shepherded, loved, led, groomed, and loved by a Father who never sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment