Wednesday, September 5, 2012

PSALM 55 - Arachnophobia

As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord will save me.  Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur.   And He will hear my voice.  He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me,  for they are many who strive with me.  (Vs. 16-18)

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in heavenly places.  Ephesians 6:12


As for me.  Stuck in a mess from which I cannot fly away.  Glued like an insect to the sticky web of the enemy as he lurks on the edge and watches me struggle to free myself.  I could, I guess, complain to the others straining and kicking beside me in the web.  Little good that would do.  For they are complaining also.  I have but one recourse.  My only salvation.  A hand much larger than mine must pull me out of the current hopeless situation and set me free.

As for me.  I will not listen to the murmurings against a God who would allow such a mess.  Nor will I consider the case against Him.  Should I be caught accusing the very Lord of my salvation, I would find myself in greater peril than the web of the enemy.  For then I join the lurking devourer in his blasphemy.  I, the smallest of flies so trapped, have no hope against such a formidable enemy.  Not on my own.  I cry out my need for rescue.  No time to whine with the others.  It takes all my concentration, morning, noon and night, just to bring my misery to Christ.  To trust His goodness and His might.

As for me.  I know Who wins.  Ultimately and currently.  Spider webs are easily swept away with a simple broom and arachnids squashed under garden shoes.  Though the enemy is formidable to me, it is but a garden variety spider to the Vinedresser.  It has no real power over me but is merely the shadow of what it used to be back in the day before the Son crushed its head and redeemed me once and for all from permanent slavery. 

As for me.  I wait.  Murmur and complain only to the Lord.  Not to you.  Not to anyone else.  Just to Him.  "I am caught and You will free me.  You will redeem me and bring me peace again!"  Even if I was tricked into the web.  Caught off-guard by a lie from the enemy.  He will hear my voice.  And...I will hear His.  "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me.  And I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish.  And no one will snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, Who has given them to me, is greater than all.  And no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.  John 10

As for me.  ...I know Whom I have believed and I trust that He is able......2 Timothy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment