Thursday, February 16, 2012

Psalm 28 - Working Hands

Give to them according to their work and according to their evil deeds.  Give to them according to the work of their hands.  Render them their due reward.
Because they do not regard the works of the Lord or the works of His hands, He will tear them down and build them up no more.  (vs. 4-5)

Consider the works of HIS HANDS.

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims the work of His hands. Psalm19

My times are in His hands. Psalm 31

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us and establish the work of our hands upon us...Yes!  Establish the work of our hands.  Psalm 90

Of old You laid the foundations of the earth and the heavens are the work of Your hands. Psalm 102

Your hands have made and fashioned me.  Psalm 119

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.  He is my steadfast love and my fortress - my stronghold and my deliverer.  Psalm 144

Thus says the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, the One who formed us:  "Ask Me of things to come.  Will you command me concerning my children and the work of My hands?  I made the earth and created man on it.  It was my hands that stretched out the heavens and I commanded all their host."  Isaiah 45

"Behold....LOOK!  I have engraved you on the palms of My hands."  Isaiah 49

I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for Me.  I was ready to be found by those who did not seek Me.   I said:  "Here I am.  Here I am," to a nation that was not called by My Name.  I spread out My hands all day to a rebellious people who  walk in a way that is not good, following their  own devices - to a people who provoke me to my face continually.  Isaiah 65

The little children were brought to Him that He might lay His hands on them and pray. Matthew 19.

They have pierced My hands and feet...Psalm 22
"The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men and they will kill Him, and He will be raised up on the third day." Matthew 17
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took His garments and divided them.  John 19
It was now the sixth hour, and there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour while the sun's light failed.  And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.  Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit."  Luke 23

Now Thomas, one of the twelve, said to them,  "Unless I see His hands and the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into His side, I will never believe!"
Eight days later.....Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be to you."  Then to Thomas:  "Put your finger here, and see My hands.  Put out your hand and place it in My side. Do not disbelieve.  But Believe!"
Thomas answered:   "MY LORD AND MY GOD!"

From the very first day, we were there, taking it all in - we heard it with our own ears, saw it with our own eyes, verified it with our own hands.  The Word of Life appeared right before our eyes; we saw it happen!"  1 John 1 (The Message Bible)

What have your hands been up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment