Sunday, February 26, 2012

Psalm 30 - Well, Where Are You?

I will exalt You, Lord, because You have lifted me up and have not allowed my enemies to triumph over me.  (vs. 1)

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.  This is why you MUST put on the whole armor of God.  Ephesians 6

Do not rejoice over me, my enemy!  Though I have fallen, I will stand up!  Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.  Because I sinned against Him, I must endure the Lord's rage until He argues my case and establishes justice for me.  He will bring me into the light.  I will see His salvation!  Micah 7

I waited patiently for the Lord, and He turned to me and heard my cry for help.  He brought me up from a desolate pit, out of muddy clay, and set my foot upon a rock, making my steps secure.  He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to my God!  Psalm 40

And so here is my story.  In Scripture.  A wayward saint pummelled by the incoming missiles of the evil one whose joy it is to steal, kill and destroy me.....and you.  Spiritual forces in the heavenlies intent on keeping us from victory here and salvation there.  Using whatever is necessary to bend us to his will.  Sickness.  Abandonment.  Loss.  You name it and he will use it to take us deeper into a pit of hopelessness.  And in that pit?  We are stuck to our shins in viscous, hope-trapping mud from which we think we can never escape.  But you know what?   That is a lie!!  Funny we did not know that all along, given who was talking to us.  Not stuck forever....why?

Where can I go to escape Your Spirit?  Where can I flee Your presence?  If I go up to heaven, You are there.  If I make my bed in hell, You are there.  Psalm 139

Because if you belong to Jesus, He will come and get you anywhere.  That is all I know to say.  The word for lifted me up is most often used for drawing water from a well.  How far down are you?  Look up, for He is coming to draw you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment