Thursday, April 19, 2012

PSALM 37 - Testimony of a Zombie

..the law of His God is in his heart....(vs. 31)


"They shall be my people and I shall be their God.  I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and for the good of their children after them.  I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them.  And I will put the fear of Me in their hearts, that they may not turn from Me.  I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land with faithfulness, with all My heart and all my soul."  The Lord God,   Jeremiah 32


Now to Him Who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of His glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ, our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever.  Amen.     Jude


"This is the new covenant I will make with them:  I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts.  And I will be their God and they will be My people.....they shall all know Me, from the least to the greatest.  I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
The Lord God, Jeremiah 31


See the body lying there without breath or purpose?  Void of all that gives it life?  Now watch it try to rise alone and walk away, a zombie cratering into others, knowing only to survive.  Look into her eyes, this empty walking dead, and see the void. Would that she could enter once again into the womb of her creation.  One more chance to do it all over again.  And, this time, with joy.  Instead of stumbling blindly into life and careening into all its opportunities, hit or miss, her feet would walk with purpose.  Born again.

 I am she.  She was I.  No, I did not enter once again into my mother's womb, but was born of God.  Animated by His life within me.  Still walking in imperfect flesh, but blameless, because before time began He purposed with all His glory, with all His majesty, dominion and authority to keep me as His child.  He promised with all His heart and with all His soul to give me a new heart and make me His.  He made a promise to me.  That He would indwell this mortal body and work within it a purpose so divine it was conceived before the world began and will last forever.  He raised me from the dust of death to live forever, and wrote His love upon my heart. My Father wanted me to know Him so badly that He came to earth to show me what He is like then die a sacrificial death for me.

If Jesus had left it there, we would be just alike, He and I.  Both still dead.  But He rose again so that He could breathe His life into me by the power of the Holy Spirit.  I still would be the walking dead without that life flow. It is He who works in me to love, to walk in integrity, to serve, to care about anything else but what I want.  I cannot get up and live the Christian life without having been birthed by God and sustained by the Word implanted in me. My God is the energy of my soul.  When I stand before the Father, it will be because Christ kept me from stumbling, defended me before Yahweh, crushed the plans of the evil one, and forgave my sin.  New birth - the new covenant in Christ's blood - is lived out by the Spirit of God within a woman who was dead in her sins.  And this makes Him as joyful as it makes me!

Now to Him Who is able to keep you.....be glory, majesty, dominion and authority forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment