Monday, March 12, 2012

Psalm 32 - Left In A Field To Die

How joyful is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered!  How joyful is the man the Lord does not charge with sin and in whose spirit is no deceit.  (vs 1-2)

I want to tell the story of our transgression and forgiveness with scripture.  To see from the Old Testament that the heart of our God is the same as the heart of our Christ, His exact representation.  It is the story of an aborted baby, left to die.  It is our story.

"On the day you were born, your cord was not cut.  You were not washed with water to clean you.  You were not rubbed with salt or wrapped in cloths.  No one felt sorry enough for you to do any of these things for you.  No!  You were thrown out into the open field, because you were hated on the day you were born. 

When I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, I said to you, 'Live!'  I made you grow like a plant in the field.  You grew up and became tall like a beautiful jewel.  Your breasts formed and your hair grew, but you were naked without clothes. 

Later when I passed by and looked at you,  I saw that you were old enough for love.  So I spread my robe over you and covered your nakedness.  I also made a promise to you and entered into an agreement with you so that you became mine.

Then I bathed you with water, washed all the blood of you, and put oil on you.  I put beautiful clothes made with needlework on you, and put sandals of fine leather on your feet.  I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you in silk.  I put jewelry on you: bracelets on you arms, a necklace around your neck, a ring in your nose, earrings in your ears, and a beautiful crown on your head...you were very beautiful and became a queen.

But you trusted in your beauty.  You became a prostitute because you were so famous.  You had sexual relations with everyone who passed by.   You took some of your clothes and made your places of worship colorful.  There you carried out your prostitution.  These things should never happen!  They should never occur!"  (The Lord God in Ezekiel 16)

"Come back, unfaithful people of Israel," says the Lord God.  "I will stop being angry with you because I am full of mercy!  All you have to do is admit your sin - that you turned against the Lord your God and worshiped gods under every green tree and didn't obey Me!"

"I, the Lord said, 'How happy I would be to treat you as My own children and give you a pleasant land'.....I thought you would call me, 'My Father' and not turn away from Me.' "

"Come back to me, you unfaithful children, and I will forgive you for being unfaithful to Me," says the Lord.    ( The Lord God in Jeremiah 3)

"So when you pray, pray like this:  'Our Father in heaven...'

"The Father Himself loves you."  (Jesus in John 17)

God showed his great love for us in this way:  Christ died for us when we were still sinning. (Romans 5:8)

Happy is the person whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned. Happy is the person whom the Lord does not consider guilty and in whom there is nothing false.

My version:  Hallelujah!  My sins are covered by the blood of Jesus.  I am no longer condemned by my own actions because I have repented of them, and my Father has forgiven me!  Hallelujah!  The Judge of all has lifted my death sentence then taken me into His family as an adopted kid!  I no longer want to hide my sins from Him because I want nothing to come between Him and me.  Thank God He found me, washed me, clothed me and loves me enough to put a crown on my head, jewelry on my arms and neck, and make me His bride.  Happy,  happy am I!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment